I disagree with every opinion, action, thought, and molecule ever associated with Daltonius.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Happy 4/20 to Glaucoma Patients Everywhere

If you smoke pot illegally, I officially don't care.

However, if you have ever obtained a medicinal marajuana liscence for frivolous reasons, you are a malingering leach on the teat of society. I'm not saying this because I'm against the use of marajuana for medicinal purposes. In fact, I support it. The reason I'm saying this is because those who obtain medical liscences under false pretenses are essentially cheating people who actually need them.

Whenever some right-wing bible thumping senator gets up and supports outlawing medicinal pot, he's using these fakers to make his argument. It's no myth that they exist, and based on my own personal experience, the last thing many of them need is easy access to drugs.

My former roommate for example, whom I was forced to live with as a freshman, got a medicinal liscence last year. According to him, he told his psychiatrist that he'd "been stressed" and was "having trouble sleeping." I really hope it isn't this easy to bullshit your way to a prescription. I'd like to think he forged documents, perhaps stating that he had early glaucoma or something, just so I can feel like the psychiatric community is a little more credible. The irony of course, is that he only had trouble sleeping when he was high on cocaine or chrystal meth, and I refuse to believe he was ever stressed, because drugs were pretty much the only thing he cared about.

I also know of individuals who turn around and sell their medical weed at considerable mark-ups. Why do I feel like the only person who thinks this is wrong? Maybe it's because I'm at UC Santa Cruz, or maybe it's just because I'm an uptight douche bag.

Well, to all you hedonistic drug addicts out there who use medicinal marajuana for non-medicinal purposes: excuse me if my moral barometer offends you, but I think you're all full of shit. And you probably think I should chill out. Perhaps, but it's hard for me to take what you're saying seriously since that's your solution to everything. "Chill out."

"Jesus! I just sliced my jugular vein open! Call an ambulance!"

"Chill out, man. Toke the smoke."

Go to hell.

HAPPY 4/20!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home